Job ID: 91584
Location: Greater London
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
BEDEO (Build Electric / Drive Electric / Zero Emissions)
A company of visionary engineers making electrification integral to all transport – by road, sea and air.
Job Title – LCV Vehicle Technician
Location – Hayes, West London, UK
Salary – Neg
CEO Osman Boyner founded BD Auto in 2009. As an engineer, Osman sets no limits to the potential for transport electrification and his team has already developed battery-drivetrain solutions for both boats and aircraft as well as land vehicles.
In 2019 BEDEO entered a contract with PSA to supply and install BEDEO electric drivetrain solutions to a selection of their light commercial vehicle models, including refrigerated delivery trucks.
BEDEO is looking for experienced vehicle technicians to join their expanding team.
The candidates will need to be capable of working on vehicle electrics, able to service and maintain vehicles from a mechanical viewpoint, possess good IT skills and, have the ability to work on their own initiative.
We offer a superb opportunity to the right person who is able to demonstrate a successful and stable track record (ideally within the automotive franchise industry although not necessary as full training will be provided).
Role and Responsibilities:
• To undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on light commercial vehicles to the highest standard within scheduled times to meet company and franchise standards
• Repair, test vehicles and diagnose their faults as and when required by Service Manager and supervisory staff
• Check and prepare vehicles ready for an Annual MoT test
• Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage
• Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards to health and safety
• Carry out work completely and effectively within manufacturers’ servicing and repair times
• Advise and report on vehicle faults and servicing requirements while working on vehicles including future servicing/repair requirements
• Carry out above activities at both the company workshop & customer sites around the M25
The ideal candidate will:
• Qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent)
• Have at least 2 years’ experience after qualifying period, of working in a Franchise Dealership (or similar)
• Ideally, hold a valid MOT Card
• Excellent customer service skills
• Take responsibility for the quality and quantity of their work
• Full UK driving license
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, efficient and organised. This position is within a busy workshop environment, as such you will be provided with a competitive remuneration package as well as industry-leading product and manufacturer training. This is a fulltime position includes 20 days’ annual leave, Auto enroll pension and travel expenses.
The position will be based at the company’s workshop in Hayes, West London, but the role requires you to be flexible as you will be required to travel and work at customer sites around the M25 (As travel in required a clean driving license is a must).
The core working hours are Monday – Friday (08:00-18:00), but some flexibility may be required for weekend work.
The role comes with a competitive salary, plus other benefits.
For more information please contact Ed Steele – 07787 148 796